White River Festival Community Fun Day
When: Saturday September 7th 09:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Where: lawn in front of the Indiana State Museum
Come join us for this FREE event to highlight and celebrate our very own White River – a source of drinking water, home to wildlife, and a beautiful recreational treasure in Central Indiana! Plan to come DO something to celebrate the river and learn about its wildlife!
- WALK or RUN in the inaugural White River Walk and Fun Run (info here)
- CREATE wildlife collages with artists from the Indianapolis Art Center
- MEET live turtles from Cool Creek Nature Center, Hamilton Co. Parks and Recreation
- DISCOVER aquatic life through microscopes with biologists from the Sierra Club
- HUG the mascot from Big Car…
- MIX it up with the 107.9 The Mix van 9-11 AM
- HAVE your PHOTO taken with the Indianapolis Art Center’s cartoon critters
- TAKE the polar bear PLUNGE at the Indianapolis Zoo’s Conservation Station
- WATCH Mark Booth’s Take Flight birds of prey shows at 11:00 and 12:00
- PEDAL yourself in and leave your bike at our staffed Pedal and Park
- WALK out to the river bank to look for critters with IDNR Division of Fish and Wildlife
- WRITE and DRAW your thoughts on White River with Big Car’s Diamond Mosaic project
- TAKE and TOUR of a watershed with Hoosier Environmental Council
The event runs 9 AM – 2 PM and will be held on the lawn in front of the Indiana State Museum at White River State Park. Parking is available in the White River State Park surface lot and garage.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
lawn in front of the Indiana State Museum 801 West Washington StreetIndianapolis, IN 46204